Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Birth of the Blog!

I am currently taking an on-line course, "Using Blogs and WIKIS to Foster Literacy", through URI. The overall project is to create an interactive blog site to increase literacy within the classroom. My original blog was created with Literature Circles in mind. I was hoping to utilize the blog in the classroom during our Literature Circle Units. However, due to the security blocks on the school web server the original blog is unable to be viewed or interacted with at school. So, with that said I chose to create a new blog that would help open the lines of communication between school and home. I am very excited about this project and will love to see it take on a life of its own. Enjoy it and blog away!

5 comments:

david said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere, Dawn.

Dave

carol fishbein said...

Dawn,
I envy you that you are able to have parents with access to computers. In my school, few of the children have home computers, and many parents do not speak English well enough to read or respond to a site. Still, for those who do and can, I think your blog space idea is wonderful.

I want to thank you for the links to all the testing information. I spent part of my afternoon reading the results. While I know there are sites where I could have gone to fetch the scores myself, it was nice to just have it right there at my fingertips. I look forward to seeing your future blogs. I am sure they will be equally as helpful.

Donna McMullin said...

That's a good point. I'm sure we have some kind of block against social networking sites but I think our filter is applied to each unique URL. I will definitely have to check this out tomorrow. I have yet to edit my blog from school.

Donna McMullin said...

I am sure our school has some kind of block so I better check to see what's up in our building. I have yet to edit my blog from school but will definitely do it tomorrow.

hawksniper17 said...

HI MISS MANCHESTER,

I THINK THIS BLOGGING SITE IS A GOOD IDEA AND ME AND MY FRIENDS THINK YOU SHOULD CONTINUE ON THIS.


J.O.